- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you.
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Credit Card details
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Services is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies and Tracking Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels in emails we send you, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive.
For more information about the third Party Cookies, tracking technologies and social plug-ins used on our Services, please check Article “Service Providers” below.
- USE OF DATA
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- to contact you for services which you have subscribed to, signed up for or participate in;
- to provide and maintain our Services;
- to manage your user account and provide customer support;
- to manage our relationship with you or comply with our contractual obligations;
- to fulfil subscription to the MJF Newsletter;
- to fulfil subscription management and push notifications
- to fulfil subscription to MJF media channels (i.e. including but not exclusive to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest);
- to communicate with you;
- to track traffic flows and make MJF Websites easier for you to use;
- to maintain and develop MJF’s services and to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services;
- to monitor the usage of our Services;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to send you marketing communication to promote the services and activities of MJF and notify you about changes to our Services
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- LEGAL BASIS OF THE DATA PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
We only process your personal data in the cases permitted by law. Most frequently, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data by MJF are the following:
- Contractual need: contractual necessity applies to justify the following uses of your personal data when personal data are necessary for providing the services you have subscribed for or for the performance of any other contract that we have entered into or are about to enter into with you, for communicating with you, for managing your registration and user account, for sharing data with MJF’s partners, including transferring, storing or processing data outside Switzerland and EU, in relation to the provision of services;
- Legitimate interests of MJF or third parties, provided that your own interests do not prevail: such legitimate interest is deemed to be given when we process your data to establish, exercise or defend our legal claims, to prevent fraud, misuse of our services, to detect any dysfunction of our services and/or Websites, to ensure and improve security of your IT system and network, to process data for statistical purposes;
- Compliance with legal obligations incumbent upon MJF, especially in the area of archiving and data retention;
- Consent which you have given after having been duly informed: such consent is deemed to be given in relation to the sending of advertising offers and marketing materials, such as newsletters and other promotional offers. This consent may be withdrawn at any time as described in the Article 8 below. This withdrawal will not, however, affect the lawfulness of consent-based processing prior to withdrawal.
- RETENTION OF DATA
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. We shall use anonymous data wherever possible. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods. We periodically, but at least every 3 (three) years, check that no data is stored for longer than needed.
- HOSTING AND TRANSFER OF DATA
We are based in Switzerland and all personal data you submit to us will be hosted in an internal encrypted database on our private server located in Switzerland under the supervision of
INFOMANIAK NETWORK SA,
rue Eugène-Marziano 25, 1227 Les Acacias.
As a matter of principle, we will never transmit your personal data to other third parties without your prior consent.
We will take all necessary measures to ensure that the receiving entity has agreed to keep your data confidential and secure. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not comply with internationally recognized standards, we will ensure by contracting specific safeguards, such as standard clause or express consent, that data transfers to databases in that country are equally protected and that a transfer of data to third parties in such countries does not occur.
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We reserve the right to release your personal data if required under law to do so, or based on the good-faith belief that such release is necessary to comply with applicable legislation.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Your principal rights under the data protection law are as follows:
- Right to access: you have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- Right to erasure: in some circumstances you have the right to have your personal data erased. Those circumstances are: (i) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; (ii) you withdraw the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing; (iii) you object to the processing of your data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; (iv) the personal data have been unlawfully processed; the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; (v) the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services directly to a child.
- Right to restrict processing: in some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal data; (ii) processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; (iii) we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- Right to object to processing: you have the right to object to MJF’s processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You have the right to object to MJF’s processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose. You’ll be able to opt-out from emails we send you by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- Right to data portability: to the extent that the legal basis for MJF’s processing of your personal data is: (i) consent; or (ii) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to withdraw consent: to the extent that the legal basis for MJF’s processing of your personal data is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), provide the Services on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Services is used.
We are not responsible for the data processing performed by the Service Providers.
Third Party Cookies and Tracking technologies:
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services and to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our Services:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy, visit the “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” page at www.google.com/policies. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics when using our website, visit tools.google.com.
- Woocommerce: more info here www.woocommerce.com/gdpr
- Payment gateways: Saferpay by SIX Payment: www.sellxed.com/shop
- WPML: more info here www.wpml.org
- FedEx: www.fedex.com
- UPS: www.ups.com
- La Poste: www.post.ch
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOVERNING LAW AND COMPLAINT WITH THE AUTHORITY
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Services, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Services.
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the legal regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority of the place where you have your habitual residence or place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.